Still looking for a book to read during Christmas? It’s almost Christmas morning, so the book you asked Santa may be under the Christmas tree. If you’ve read that one in a single afternoon, then you may enjoy some of the books listed below to get your Christmas spirit on.
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. The story that inspired Christmas hampers and made us believe even the sternest of mind can change. This is a very quick read and gets you right into the Christmas spirit.
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Although the world gets darker as you go through the series, there is no denying that you feel a tingle of excitement at the idea of a Christmas at Hogwarts and sipping Butterbeer in Hogsmeade.
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. Through the wardrobe and into a magical land where snow falls abundantly. The fantastical world of Narnia may just be the right book for you to feel all Christmassy inside.
- The Polar Express by Chris van Allsburg. Want something to read to your kids or nephews and nieces? Read The Polar Express to them. Allsburg has added fantastic illustrations to the story that complement the story beautifully.
- The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen. Dig into this fairy tale during Christmas to feel the icy touch of Christmas (despite the warm weather outside). Haven’t heard of it? Frozen was based on Andersen’s fairy tale.
A very Merry Christmas everybody! I hope to see you all happy and healthy (with probably a few more pounds on the scale) in the new year!